29 September 2013

Dear My Facebook Friends (some of you)


I'm so glad I got over the phase when I was obsessed with Facebook. I do occasionally open it, but it feels like "Wooh, I'm not obsessed. Good Lord."
Anyways, the Blogtember topic for the 27th of September was to write a letter to your Facebook friends without using any names:
Friday, September 27: An anonymous letter to your Facebook friends. Be as snarky as you'd like.


Dear My Facebook Friends,
Below are some of the things I wanted to scream out at some of you...

  • Please, I beg you, stop sending me Farmville requests. No, I will not send you a goat (or a log of wood, either) so please, just don't.
  • Don't writing pathetically sad quotes about your broken heart and miserable life. It gets nauseating after the 100th post.
  • And really? You think you're cool because you "smoke all day" and know how to make 'smoke circles' (or whatever they call them) with your hookah? Get a life.
  • You know, you can say hi to me in real life. I don't bite (except if you try to physically harm me. In that case, I can't guarantee you won't get a flesh-deep bite plus a permanent scar).
  • And, a piece of advice, you don't have to post 33547 pictures of the time you went to the local park with your hubby. Or another 9001 pictures of your child's 'adorable little blue shoes'. It's cute when you post one or two pictures, and very far from cute when you practically spam the world with photos.
  • Don't post a pic I'm in if I look weird. Please don't.
  • You can post on my wall and like my pictures and Facebook page, I really don't mind. I might just return the favor someday. (Ever heard of the Bank of Favors? When you do a favor to someone, he/ she has to return it back to you someday. So yeah.)
  • There's a reason why I'm offline 99% of the time on Facebook, and it sure as hell isn't because I want to open a conversation with you that basically goes like "Hi" "Hi" "How are you?" "Good. You?" "Good." (+ just keep repeating those questions in various ways over and over again).
  • Do you really think I'm interested in "I Will Love You Forever", "Cute Grade __ Students", "Tears of Love" pages? Just don't invite me. (Except if it's a page about John Green or The Hunger Games, then I won't mind being invited).
  • Don't, just don't, send me a message to ask me why I read so much when I don't have school. It's an insult, even if you don't realize it. 

That's pretty much it. I love all my Facebook friends (almost all of them). And some of them are pretty cute actually.
What would you want to say to some of your Facebook friends if you could? :]

8 comments:

  1. lol Sena... I felt like this is a conversation between your mom and me. You getting mature and starting to think like Mommy and khaltu :P
    love u!
    and I want you to come live with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But 3anjad you read too much :p haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as a compliment lol :)
      I guess now I can finally engage in conversations about how people abuse Facebook with you and mom :P
      Yeah I wanna come live with you too :P
      Miss you loads x

      Delete
  3. Haram Sena, she's maturing so quickly. It's all the experiences she has gone through this past summer. God, she grew like 15 years in one summer. and as I tell you Sena, whatever you go through and doesn't kill, is good for you.
    Love you.
    Nawal, we want you over here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea why Rafah's name appeared up there

      Delete
    2. I know.. I'm already 30 years old at the age of 16. How old will I be in my 30s???

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't be surprised if rafah actually has an account ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't be surprised if rafah actually has an account ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Infinite Scroll | My blogger Tricks