11 October 2013

TGIF (?)


From Mondays till Thursdays, I anticipate the arrival of Friday. Fridays mean I don't have school, I don't have to wake up at 6:30, and struggle to keep up with teachers while I'm half asleep. Fridays mean I can have a proper breakfast (instead of the apple I have every other morning, or the single piece of gum I chew when there are no apples and I'm late), I can sit and read or draw or watch TV... But to what extent is that true?
Being in grade 12, I'm supposed to study each and every single lesson the day I take it, not stack them all up until the exams. What I do is that I postpone the studying till Friday. I postpone homework till Friday. I postpone copying notes till Friday. I postpone cleaning my room till Friday. I postpone blogging till Friday. And then....
Friday arrives. With so many things to do.
I do have a relatively healthier breakfast. I do wake up a little late. I don't struggle to keep up with boring teachers. But then, I get my school bag (which probably weighs more than 10 kg with my books in it), and spread my notebooks and pens and graph paper and calculator on my desk. (It's not a nice thing to look at).
That's Friday for me.
TGIF, I mean it. Thank God it's Friday, even though I have so much homework to do on Fridays.
The bright side is that, even though I have to study, I can do it in the warmth of my own house (not too far away from our fridge. I can still text my friends and sing and scribble and doodle..
    
Thank God it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Infinite Scroll | My blogger Tricks