16 October 2013

Life of An Architect: A Blog

Man, do I love this guy's blog! In case you don't know this, and you probably don't, I'm seriously considering majoring in architecture. So a while ago, as I was randomly googling something about architecture, I came across Bob Borson's blog, Life of An Architect. I then came across it again two days ago, and stayed up till 1 AM reading (and rereading) blog-posts. And if staying up late is not enough, the next day (yesterday) was the first day of Eid and I needed all the sleep I could get because I had to wake up early.
Anyways, Life of An Architect covers various aspects and topics concerning architects and architecture. Architects can relate to Bob, students studying architecture/ aspiring to become architects can benefit from the posts, and if you don't happen to fit into one of the two categories, then you might just enjoy Bob's posts!
Below, I included some of my favorite posts from Life of An Architect:

  1. Top Ten Reason NOT to be an Architect
  2. Top Ten Reason to be an Architect
  3. Design Studio: Top 10 Things You Should Know This post discusses architecture and design studios (yeah, yeah. I know it says that in the title). However, I think every student can benefit from this post as it has some pretty useful advice.
  4. What Does an Architect Do? In this post, Bob talks about a variety of tasks/ different fields of architectural work.
  5. 10 Tips to Conquer Procrastination If you tend to procrastinate sometimes (like I do), then check this post out!

Aaand, because who doesn't like to take a sneak-peak into other people's working space:
What really struck me about most offices and work spaces in those posts is how well lit and clean they are. However, some desks were literally covered by papers all over, and I don't know how people can focus on their work on such messy desks.

Did you visit Life of An Architect? What did you think about it? And what are your thoughts on Architecture? :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Infinite Scroll | My blogger Tricks