14 November 2013

Blessed, Educated.

Today, I'm merging two different link-ups in one post:
 "The Thankful Project" link-up by Kenzie from Chasing Happy + "Quote Me Thursday" link-up by Brenda from Daily Mayo.
Today's Thankful Project topic is to write about a blessing we're thankful for, and I chose a quote to go with this topic too.


I have so many blessings, which I cannot count. I can read and write and draw; I can see and hear and smell... I'm blessed because of the people I love, the food in the fridge, the couch I'm sitting on; the clothes I own, the perfume I wear, the friends I have...
But what I want to talk about today, is the blessing of education.
I sometimes complain about all the studying we have to do, and all the tests we have to take- especially this year in grade 12. But when I really come to think of it, my mind wanders to the people who cannot afford school expenses. To the children who spend their days, going from car to car, trying to sell cheap packs of gum. To those who have chosen majors they don't like in college, to the people who go to jobs they despise everyday, because that's what the circumstances imposed on them.
While on the other hand, I can go to school; I have the opportunity to learn, to choose what I want to be in this world. I'm exposed to so many different ideas and people, I have books and pens and paper... And I am grateful.
Sometimes the assignments are too much and the books too big... Sometimes there's pressure and homework, and hard problems, and useless lessons, and mean teachers, and uncomfortable chairs, and headaches, and sleepless nights... But I am thankful for all that and for this life, and I am thankful for the opportunity that not everyone was given.
-------------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts on education? Do you agree? :]

2 comments:

  1. I love your quote and your blessings! Thanks for linking up this week!

    Brenda @Daily Mayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you do! Thank you for passing by.Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Infinite Scroll | My blogger Tricks